Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Brussels bruschetta



Since returning from overseas I've been flat out and it's been hard to get back into routine. I've barely had the time, or motivation, to spend lavish amounts of time in the kitchen creating blog worthy recipes. Keeping it simple has been my focus while I get over the jet lag (not helped by two lots of daylight savings). But that's not to say that simple has to be boring. Anything that uses my freshly baked sourdough bread and plump seasonal brussels sprouts is anything but boring in my book.

Curried chickpea and Brussels sprouts bruschetta
Serves 2
1/4 cup dry chickpeas, soaked overnight (or tinned chickpeas drained)
3 brussels sprouts roughly chopped
1 spring onion sliced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tsp curry powder
2-4 thick slices of sourdough bread, toasted
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil

Boil the chickpeas for 5 minutes then add the brussels sprouts, cook until just tender. If using tinned chickpeas, boil only the sprouts.

Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan over medium to high heat. Sauté the spring onion for a minute then add the drained chickpeas and Brussels sprouts.

Cook tossing for 2 or 3 minutes. Sprinkle over the curry powder and sauté for a further 3 minutes or until the sprouts and chickpeas have softened.

Pile onto the toasted sourdough and drizzle with olive oil to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to receive your comments.